Wednesday 28 November 2012

Equipment List

This is a list of all the equipment I will be using for my film, and some of the potential problems that may happen during production. I have also included what I will use to prevent these problems;

Video Cameras: I will have to book out from the media department from school, and will be the main piece of equpiment I use in my coursework, as I will use it to film the bare footage of my film in the production stage. Potential problems I may have using the video cameras include if the equipment is booked out for the day I would like to film on, meaning I will have to book out early and secure my use of the camera. Also I need to know the various shots and angles that will get me the higher grades that I will include in my film. As I haven't used the video cameras proffesionally, I will have to have a refresher course on what I will have to include and how to operate the camera efficiently and professionally. Natural disturbances may occur when wanting to film outisde, but I will have to get past this problem and reschedule filming.


Photoshop/ Quark: I will have to use one of the editing software to create my film poster and magazine article for my ancillary tasks. Problems I will have will mostly revolve around trying to making my work look professional, like a real film poster. I will have to take inspiration from similar film posters and as I have had experience with Photoshop programs in previous work and should be able to edit them effectively.


SLR Camera: I will have to use an SLR camera to take photos of my set, characters, and the images needed for my interview and poster. Like all the equipment for this, I will need to book it out from Media. Problems that may occur may be natural disturbances, such as rain when wanting to do an outdoor shoot, but in this circumstance I will have to rechedule the photos for another day, or attempt to take the photos inside.


Boom Mic: I may need to book out the Boom Mic for any shots that rely heavily on diegetic sound used for dramatic effectiveness. Problems I may have in using the boom mic include having to hire someone to operate it whilst I film and requiring them to know how to operate the equipment (I will have to teach them before filming). Also we must require the wind protector on the mic to stop wind noise appearing in my film and to give it a more natural sound


Final Cut: I will have to use Final Cut in order to edit my raw footage and sequence it to make it look like a real film. As I have never used this program before so I will have to have an insight and a play around with the editing so I will have a go before it comes to the main film. Problems I could have are the same with any program; if it will save, will it look professional when finished etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment