Wednesday 28 November 2012

Questionnairre on Horror

To help my research into what my target audience would want to see in my Horror film, I have created a short survey on the website Survey Monkey. I have shared this Questionairre on the social networking site Facebook (so the responses would be from people of my own age group, who would be the target audience to my film) and then also shared it amongst the people at my 6th form, all of whom are aged 16-18. From these responses I will discover what I will need to include in my film to create elements of Horror

The Survey in its entirety can be found here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MD2LG2L


The questions I have included in my Questionnaire are;


1.) What is your favourite Horror Film from this list?

Halloween
Paranormal Activity
Insidious
The Exorcist
Frankenstein
Friday the 13th
Nightmare on Elm Street
Scream
Sinister
Resident Evil
Silence of the Lambs
The Ring
The Grudge
The Omen
Psycho
Jaws
Alien
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Dawn of the Dead
Saw
Other

2.) What is your main reason for watching a Horror Film?

To be scared
For social reasons (going with friends)
You like the storylines
Escapism
Because of the films infamy (e.g. The Exorcist)
Watching others Misfortune (Schaudenfreude)
I don't like horror films
Other

3.) What is your favourite stock character in a Horror Film?
The Anti-Hero (e.g. Freddy Krueger)
The Villain/ Antagonist
The Virgin
The Clown
The Jock
The Scholar
The Whore
Other

4.) Who is your favourite villain?
Freddy Krueger ( Nightmare on Elm Street)
Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)
Jason Vorhees (Friday the 13th)
Leatherface (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre)
Ghostface (Scream)
Jigsaw (Saw)
Generic Zombie Hordes
Count Dracula
The Shark (Jaws)
Norman Bates (Psycho)
Frankensteins Moster
Chuckie (Childs Play)
Pinhead (Hellraiser)
Michael Myers (Halloween)
Damien (The Omen)
Other

5.) Out of these choices of Horror Villain Masks, what do you think would be the scariest?
Sack Mask
Trestle Mask
Masquerade Mask
Mirror Mask
Clown Mask
Zombie Mask

6.) Final Question, what would you like to see more of in Horror Films?
Violence
Blood
Gore
One Liners
Sex
Better Acting
Better Villains
Bigger Budget
More Unconventional Settings
Other 

No comments:

Post a Comment