Monday 3 December 2012

My Villain

I have been considering what look I want my villain in my Horror film to have, taking into account the classic style of popular villains like Freddy Krueger and Leatherface. I decided that my villain should wear a mask, as this will reduce the need for makeup and can be often more sinister than an elaborate look, as any psycho could wear a mask and murder someone, but it is much harder to imagine an alien or mutant attacking you. Masks are often used in Horrors as they cover up the identity and personality of the wearer, taking away the humanity and identity from the wearer and also adds mystery as to who the mask wearer is (Especially in films like Scream).

I have decided (and included on my survey) several choices I have on what mask my villain should wear. I have considered a mirror mask, a sack mask, a masquerade mask, a trestle mask, a clown mask and a zombie mask. I have tried to findout which of the three would be most popular. Out of all these, the most popular were the Pumpkin, Sack and the most popular was The Masquerade mask. I took a few initial photos of what I would like my villain to look like, including the costume and weapon along with the mask.








No comments:

Post a Comment